Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fielders PA Announcer a winner in pay dispute


Gregory Koeppen, public address stadium announcer for the Lake County Fielders, has won his lawsuit against the team for back wages.
Koeppen filed suit in December against the minor league baseball team, including team owner Rich Ehrenreich and actor Kevin Costner, for back wages he was owed as team public address announcer during the 2011 baseball season. Ehrenreich repeatedly refused to attend court hearings, according to Koeppen, a Grayslake resident.
“While I am happy the judge ruled in my favor, the victory is bittersweet. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would find myself in a courtroom suing a baseball team partially owned by actor Kevin Costner to get back payment for something I love doing,” Koeppen said Wednesday of the ruling by Lake County Circuit Court Associated Judge John Scully. read the full story here

No comments: