Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ashbridge agrees to share Canucks' PA perch before 'fixing' heart



A Canucks' news release this week noted that longtime public address announcer John Ashbridge will be sharing his broadcast location with the veteran voice of Al Murdoch for the 2011-12 NHL season.

The dispatch did not say why and Ashbridge wants to make it clear he isn't being pushed. "It was actually my idea," the Canucks' PA man of 25 years said Friday. "I've never had a designated backup since 1987 and it's time I did. Al (Murdoch), Jon McComb and Stirling Faux have filled in for me in the half-dozen games I've missed over the years. Now I want to scale back a bit. It's just more comforting to have a regular replacement."


Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Ashbridge+agrees+share+Canucks+perch+before+fixing+heart/5350221/story.html#ixzz1Wv4wRDpO

No comments: