Thursday, September 3, 2015

Notre Dame Stadium public address announcer celebrates his 200th game against Texas

The seasons change but the stage remains the same.

Thirty-four years after surviving his one-game job audition, Mike Collins still considers himself much too lucky to take for granted any day, or even a single moment, when he punches his time card at Notre Dame Stadium for another season of Irish football.     

As the veteran game-day voice of this proud program, Collins handles each season, each game and each individual play like there is no other.

"I'm still kind of in awe that I have this job," says Collins, the public address announcer for every Notre Dame home football game since 1982. "Each game I work, I look out into the stadium and say to myself, `How cool is this?' I say to myself `Never forget this moment.' You just never know what tomorrow will bring."    read full article

No comments: