Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My day as the P.A. announcer at Nationals Park



Last week, when the Washington Nationals faced the Los Angeles Dodgers, I was asked to be the public address announcer for game one of a scheduled doubleheader at Nationals Park.
It was indeed an honor to be back in the booth. But I have to admit I was a little nervous and had the adrenalin going.
After all, I had been the public address announcer for the NBA's Washington Wizards (then Bullets), MLS' D.C. United and at college at Virginia, but it had been a while. OK, they were called the Bullets back then. So, that gives you an idea. Yes, Michael Jordan was still playing basketball in NBA, not owning a team.
But making it easy on me was Nationals public address announcer Jerome Hruska, who could not have been more gracious and helpful as I prepped for the task.

No comments: