Monday, December 26, 2011

Nets New Public Address Announcer David Diamante is One Strange Cat


David Diamante began announcing boxing matches 10 years ago.  Since then, he has done work for ESPN and HBO.  Well before that time, he stopped cutting his hair.  Diamante is set to become the next voice of the Nets when they move to Brooklyn, and to say he is an interesting character would be a massive understatement.  His dread locks have been growing since 1988, and Diamante said he has absolutely no idea when he will decide to cut them off.

“There was a change in my life, and it felt right, and I just stopped cutting it,” he told the New York Times. “Will I cut it tomorrow? Maybe. Will I cut it later today? Maybe. Probably not. I try to go day by day and not to future-trip too much. It’s not that I don’t look to the future, but I really like to live in the moment and be present in the moment.” read from the original story

No comments: