Saturday, August 11, 2012
Finalists Announced for the UNOH Battle at The Beach PA Announcer Search
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Daytona International Speedway’s UNOH Battle At The Beach announcer search has been narrowed to five finalists. Now race fans have the chance to select their favorite local NASCAR Home Track public address announcer to join the announcing team for the inaugural event on Feb. 18-19.
The five finalists are:
• Jim Burns – The booming voice of Elko Speedway in Minnesota, Burns’ enthusiasm, passion and “wild sense of humor” have been welcoming race fans for 27 seasons.
• Joe Coss – From the booth to the pits and in Victory Lane, Coss entertains race fans at Stafford Motor Speedway in Connecticut with his technical knowledge and insight.
• Eric Huenefeld – From his home track of Rockford Speedway in Illinois, Huenefeld is known for the passion, knowledge and excitement he brings to his race commentary.
• Adam Mackey – A seasoned veteran from Barberton Raceway Park in Ohio, Mackey has called races across the country throughout his career.
• JW Martin – Martin’s career began at the early age of four calling races on his living room floor. Now he is the voice of Motor Mile Speedway in Virginia. read full story here