Friday, January 11, 2013

10 questions with P.A. announcer Reed Saunders


Public-address announcer hopes to work Colorado Eagles and Colorado Rockies home games until he can't talk anymore or becomes too senile to read a script.

Question: How did you get your start as a public address announcer?
Answer: I got my start at CSU as a freshman. I was an intern in the media relations department just trying to find my footing in the sports world. ... They needed a softball announcer one fateful spring day at Ram Field for women’s softball, and Gary Ozzello or someone in the department said, “Hey, Reed, you’ve got a good voice.” I tried it, I liked it, and they said you, “You should become our volleyball announcer next fall.” That was kind of my first gig, women’s volleyball at CSU in 2000. I had a fun time with it and really cut my teeth with it.

No comments: