Monday, August 26, 2013

Matt Jarvis selected as the public address announcer for the University of Oregon volleyball team

One of the most familiar voices in the Bay Area will be ringing out in Matthew Knight Arena this fall.
Matt Jarvis, for many years the radio voice of the Marshfield Pirates for football and boys basketball, has been selected as the public address announcer for the University of Oregon volleyball team.                   
Ironically, Jarvis beat out another man with Bay Area ties, radio personality Bill Crawford, for the job after the two auditioned during the Ducks’ scrimmage last week.
“It was nice that Bill was there, too,” Jarvis said this week. “I felt good when I left there. I counted one mistake that I made. I don’t think anyone else would have noticed it.”
Jarvis learned Monday that he was the new arena voice for the Ducks.  read more

No comments: