The Canton Charge is looking for a Public Address Announcer. The PA announcer’s duties will include announcing visitor’s starting lineups, all game action, public address announcements, contests, and other duties as assigned.
The PA announcer will be the main voice of the Canton Charge while in the arena. The PA announcer will work closely with the game presentation team to create the most entertaining game experience in the NBA D-League.
- You should have strong vocal talent
- You should be spontaneous and quick witted
- You should have a unique and definitive personality
- You must have a strong knowledge of NBA D-League basketball; including rules and players
- You must feel comfortable announcing to large crowds on a microphone
- You must be able to attend all home Charge games and arrive two hours before game time for each game
- You should be receptive to both positive and negative feedback
- You will work closely with the Director of Game Presentation
- You must feel comfortable working with NBA D-League referees and NBA D-League statisticians
- Experience working as a PA announcer, in television, in radio or on stage is preferred.
This application is a two step process. Applicants must first apply online and then submit the following voice sample by e-mail. After you apply online you will be sent an e-mail with the second steps.
In addition, please submit a voice sample using the following script:
“CANTON CHARGE SEASON TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW AND START AS LOW AS $5 PER SEAT, PER GAME. SEASON TICKET BENEFITS INCLUDE AN INVITATION TO EXCLUSIVE TEAM EVENTS, DISCOUNTS ON OFFICIAL TEAM MERCHANDISE, PARTICIPATION IN SPECIAL ON-COURT GAME NIGHT EVENTS, ACCESS TO DISCOUNTS AND SPECIAL OFFERS AT QUICKEN LOANS ARENA IN CLEVELAND AND MUCH MORE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, GO TO CANTON CHARGE DOT COM.”