Become part of Cassell Coliseum in-game entertainment
The Virginia Tech athletics department is currently seeking highly talented individuals to serve as PA announcer for Virginia Tech basketball games. This position will contribute to the high-energy atmosphere and experience for Virginia Tech student-athletes, coaches and fans.
Veteran PA announcer Bill McChain will continue with his duties as the Voice of Lane Stadium and will assume additional duties with baseball and women’s volleyball. The Virginia Tech athletics department is using this search to best identify talent available for a wide range of opportunities, in an effort to improve the overall fan experience at all of our sporting events with all of our sports. With the investment the department has made in the basketball fan experience, this is a chance to examine all areas of game presentation and decide who best fits which events.
Applicants must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, August 31.
- Resume detailing relevant experience
- An MP3 recording of the below PA scripts
- Three references related to the ability to perform the required duties
- Strong vocal talent
- Enthusiasm, passion and strong knowledge of basketball (including rules and positions)
- Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment
- Comfortable announcing complex names
- Receptive to both positive and negative feedback
- Ability to react quickly and appropriately
- Previous experience as a PA announcer is preferred